Off Ice Performance Development
Our Program Compliments and Enhances On-Ice Training
Our figure skating program was designed specifically for the athletic requirements of the sport of figure skating. Program objectives are to enhance the athletic ability of each athlete specific to the high demands of strength, power, and rate of power development, balance, flexibility, coordination and stamina. Our program is backed by over 25 years of Research and Development in exercise physiology and biomechanics.
Specific design and development was by Dick Vraa, figure skating champion, coach, instructor and John Frappier, noted exercise physiologist in combination with biomechanists, physical therapists, and orthopedic surgeons.
Our program is suitable for skaters 9 years old and older. Skaters ages 7 and 8 may be ready for this training but would need to come in for an evaluation and assessment.
- Enhance overall proprioception awareness and coordination
- Increase power/strength of the hamstring/quadriceps groups, hip extensors, hip abductors, abdominals, and back extensors
- Increase cardiovascular stamina and anaerobic tolerance
- Enhance neuromuscular recruitment of specific musculation associated with specific figure skating jumps and spins
- Programs are typically 12, 18, or 24 sessions (2 times per week)
- Each athlete is pre-tested to define their athletic ability. We measure 50-90 metrics, depending on age and ability. Program training recommendations are based on pre-test data and the athlete’s goals. We also appreciate hearing input from the skaters coach on areas that need improvement.
- Training one on one
- Sessions are 1 hour and 15 minutes for warm up
- Start your program any week
- Each session by appointment. You can select from a wide variety of days and times.
- Improvement in vertical jump 1” to 5” (20-24 session program)
- Improvement in lower extremity rate of power development 20% to 80%
- Improvement in maximum left or right leg power 20% to 40%
- Improvement in anaerobic stamina 20% to 80% (20-24 session program)
- Improvement in agility, quickness, balance, and body control between 20 to 40%
- Improvement in single leg 3 hop test, 15 to 30 inches
We offer a one hour introduction so that you can experience our training methods and learn how we can improve your on ice performance. You’ll do a 15 minute active dynamic warm up procedure before your one hour, one on one, session with one of our trainers. At the conclusion of your warm up our trainer will review your results with you and identify your strengths, your areas that need improvement, and the program we would recommend for you. Intro price is $30.00, call or email to schedule your appointment.
Success in Sports
Its’ all about preparation! and effort!